Monday, June 20, 2011

Lhatse - Shegar

Another long and boring day of riding...well, except for a 25+km climb that took us to Gyatse La summit of 5248 meters (our highest climb so far). I was painfully slow, I just couldn't get enough oxygen to my legs. Maybe the EPO pills weren't really EPO? The final 5km of the climb was just painful, as I had zero fuel left and felt like I was breathing in a plastic bag! At last I see the prayer flags and our support car...yippee! After lunch, it's all downhill...for 35km to our campsite in Shegar. Of course my journey wouldn't be epic without the damn wind - half way into our downhill, the wind picks up and it's a headwind for the final 20km of our ride. I'm happy to be in Shegar, drinking beers, waiting for dinner and looking forward to a good night sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment