Monday, June 6, 2011

London Calling

It's raining in London and cold...and that should surprise me? Actually, I was caught off guard when I got out of the Pimlico Station, near Ana's corporate apartment. I didn't have an umbrella or raincoat...but wait, I have my Patagonia Torrentshell jacket on the topside pocket of my Patagonia Scramble backpack (shameless plug for Patagonia). Ana met me half way since I wasn't sure where her apartment was from the station. It's so weird to see Ana in London, I saw her last week in Brooklyn and now she's an ex-pat living in London!

Ana and I went over to South Kensington area for lunch, then walked over to check out Ana & Scott's new apartment in Bolton Gardens Mews. She wasn't sure if she wanted to take the apartment since there were mysterious security guards across from their potential apartment. It seems someone has rented out three apartments only to use them as 'garages'...hum. As we were leaving, we ran into a neighbor who told us that Marcus Evans (owner of Ipswich Town Football Club) is the person who rents out the apartments. Ana was relieved to learn who the person is and her neighbor seemed super sweet. We walked around the neighborhood a bit and then headed to Victoria & Albert (V&A) Museum before meeting up with Kerry and Jocelin for drinks and tapas at Casa Brindisa. It was wonderful to catch up with Kerry and Jocelin, both who I haven't seen in over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment