Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back in UB










Ulaan Baatar...suddenly our trip was over! What an amazing journey during the past 30 days, and it seemed we only got a glimpse of Mongolia.

We got back to UB early afternoon for Tom, Verity and I to check the "Black Market" and Erica and Tai to chill at the Khongor Guesthouse. I had heard so much about the Black Market being dangerous with many pick-pocketers, but found it to be no different than other outdoor markets - crowded, vendors selling just about anything, and lots of fake products from China.

Instead of having a final group dinner, it ended up being just me, Tom, Verity, and Hogy at a Korean restaurant, just across the street (same place where I had my first meal in Mongolia!). I was disappointed that Erica and Tai didn't join us but it seemed that they both wanted some alone time. They had already gone the supermarket and settled in for the night.

The next morning seemed very awkward between me, Tai and Erica...they were both quiet and were busy updating their photos, so I tagged along with Tom and Verity for coffee. I guess after a month of being confined to such close space, we were bound to need some personal space.

Erica and I were on the evening train to Beijing via Erlian (China), unfortunately we couldn't get on the Trans-Mongolian Rail as there were no available sleeper cabins from UB to Beijing (not sure if Khongor actually tried or not). We were booked on the local train, which stopped at Erlian for border-crossing process. It would have been a great way to finish my Mongolia journey with a ride on the Trans-Mongolian Rail.








Location:Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia

No comments:

Post a Comment