Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Very Long Layover in Beijing

Who checks in 3 hours before departure time? Well. I'm not going to argue with the travel agent and maybe that's how they do it in Kathmandu. Off to the airport for a morning flight to Kunming, with a 5 hour layover, then to Beijing. This day is completely wasted on travel (total flight time is just 6 hours...got to love China's system). Next stop...Beijing.

Side Note - China Eastern (and probably all Chinese airlines) only start checking-in ticketed passengers 2 hours before departure time. They will not check you in until it's within 2 hours of departure time. Now things got interesting since I had 5 hours until my connecting flight to Beijing...I was able to convince the agent to at least assign me a seat and print out a boarding pass so I didn't have to get back in queue again. I then went to the Supervisor's counter to bitch about not being able to check my bag since I'm transferring to another flight and having to pay to store my bag until check in time, after few words, the Supervisor checked my bag. Fingers crossed my bag is on my flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment