Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hotel Kapok

If I check in after midnight, does it count as checking in "early" on July 6? According to Hotel Kapok, the answer was no. Maybe I should have slept at the airport for few hours and then checked in at the hotel...oh well. Hotel Kapok seemed nice at 2am, it has all the comfort features I'm looking for in a boutique hotel - bed with fluffy pillows and blanket, clean functional bathroom (rain shower head!), and flat-panel TV (with HBO, CNN, ESPN). I felt guilty paying so much money for a room since I may be in Beijing for 6 nights...but then again I'll be staying in a guest house and sleeping in a dorm room when I'm in Ulaan Baatar for less than $10 per day.

I didn't get to explore Beijing today since I spent most of the day searching for a flight to UB. At first, the hotel's travel agent was unable to find any flights or train tickets to UB until July 12; but after searching online, I was able to find a flight (ironically via Seoul) on July 11. When I showed her the flight info, she made a call to the main office and miraculously they were able to find "the last seat" on a direct flight to UB on July 11. I'm going to Ulaan Baatar!

No comments:

Post a Comment